Friday, January 29, 2010

Jenny Doesn't Have the Internet

We haven't hooked up Internet to the house yet--Jenny uses my phone for the time being. That means that I can post something about her--even something embarrassing--and she can't change it for hours.

Unfortunately, I'm not very creative.

So here are a few things about Jenn that you may or may not have known.

1. She's a glutton for pain. Undoubtedly there are aspects of childbirth I will never understand, most obvious the pain part. So I'm not sure on why Jenny insists on delivery without any pain medication. Ouch. And then, by the time she gets back home she's into her normal routine. You could only get her to rest in a bed if you drugged her (which, I understand, both doctors and the law frown upon).

2. She can't whisper. No, seriously, Jenny is physiologically incapable of whispering. It can lead to some embarrassing situations.

3. She is a voracious reader. She reads widely and often. Mostly she reads literature, but she's even open-minded on others genres. Recently we read the narrative non-fiction Outliers together, and also the military account in Lone Survivor. I'm amazed at how often a book title will come up in conversation with friends and strangers, and Jenny has usually read it, and often has read other title from that same author.

4. She used to kind of speak Chinese. Now, she mainly just knows the essentials, like "be quiet" and "you're embarrassing me."

4. She can eat. Jenny is really good about eating in moderation . . . until it comes to buffets. She is fixated on the idea that she has to get her money's worth, so she will out-eat even ME!!! I kid you not. I'm blown away--I don't even know where that food goes.

5. She started her college career as an interior design student. She enrolled at Ricks College as an interior design student, put in obscene amounts of hours, got burnt out, then went to China. She came back as an English major.

6. When it comes to cleaning, she's obsessive compulsive. She just can't help herself. Think of Monica on "Friends."

7. She's a fantastic writer who hates to write. It kills me to be married to such a talented person that shuns her talent. In college, several of Jenny's teachers told me how incredible of a writer she is. But she won't write. She has a hard enough time posting on the blog, much less crafting the next great novel.

Jenny is a great person. She's kind, charitable, and she is--to the shock of her parents--perhaps the most responsible person I know. The only irresponsible thing she did was marry me. Since then, she's had a clean record.

5 comments:

The JL McGregor Family said...

Thank heavens for the iPhone. And good thing you didn't write anything too shocking... I love you.

Brownbellies said...

You guys are so cute! Hope that you are getting settled and enjoying your new home! I think Jenny is one of the best, cutest people I know!
Emily

Ammieloris said...

:D

balloongal said...

Wonderful post. Jenny is so great.

Emily said...

Jenny, you bought a house--without seeing it yourself? Oh my, you are brave! Is that what I just read? It said, "realtor" and "our new house" in the blog. I am totally amazed. Honestly, I saw our house, knew immediately that there were issues, had reservations--and bought it. I still regret our purchase, so don't you feel bad if your unseen home left you with reservations and some getting used to. I honestly am just amazed at your willingness to do that. But I have realized lately that my house, in the greater perspective, really doesn't matter very much. I can't let it distract me too much from really thinking about God and godly concerns--and sometimes I have let it. So bless your heart and hopefully you can do better with your home sorrows than I did with mine! I haven't found painting a quick thing to do with children, but it's at least not hard to do when you get to it.