Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Life in a nutshell... or longer...

Joe surprised us and showed up last Wednesday. He had arranged with some friends to watch the kids while I studied at the library (still trying to finish up my last 3 credits before Sept. 1). I had been at the library just long enough to gather about 30 nonfiction books to look through when I got a text asking me if I was studying at the library. A few minutes later some guy wrapped his arms around me.

It was JOE! (isn't he sweet?)

We had a great fourth of July weekend and now he's back in Texas, getting ready for the Texas Bar at the end of the month. We're home alone. But this time we know we'll see him in about 3 weeks, and that's nothing! Which is so great and also so so scary.

We still have to sell the house. We've lowered it about $10,000 from our original asking price. That's about $15,000 less than we bought it for 2 years ago. And then there's realtor fees, and of course we won't get what we're asking for it. We've had lots of interest and we've been on the top of people's lists about 3 times, but always come in second place. We're going to be paying it back for a while even after it's sold. I'm trying to think of it as more student loans. We've learned something over the last few years, right? 

I still have to finish my class. YIKES! I am on lesson 10 out of 15, plus the final. 

Then there's packing. I'm trying to do one box a day. I started yesterday. I packed all of the kids' books--they got to pick out 10 each  to keep out. Today I packed our China dishes--which we've never used in the 8 years we've been married. Do you think I should just get rid of them? Tomorrow I'm packing up all of the extra sheets and blankets. Really, I'm waiting for Joe to get back to help with the majority of the packing.

Then there's moving (hopefully around the middle of August) and finding somewhere to live in Dallas. Hopefully we can find a home to rent before we get out there. 

And then we hope like crazy that Joe finds clients.

Can we do it? I keep asking myself, but I know the answer is yes. There is no other option. 




7 comments:

Ammieloris said...

:) Let me know if you need some help. As you can see at my house, I'm SO GOOD at packing... Actually, all of the boxes lying around indicate that we never unpacked everything, but I can still be good help.

Jenny said...

I'm so glad you were able to see Joe for a few days. You're strong, Jenn. I don't know how I would handle what you're handling. I hate packing!! Good luck getting everything done.

debbie said...

Hey, Jenn! Good luck with everything. We are planning to start a business when Jacob graduates, so I kind of (or will)understand how you feel about things getting started. I hope it all goes well!!

Jessica said...

Jenn. You are amazing! Packing - label your boxes well. Good idea to pack the books first. You can always borrow books from the library. It is amazing what you find you can live without once you get going.
What a nice surprise for Joe to show up at the library while you were studying. Good luck to him on his bar.
It will all work out. You guys are doing what you have felt is right all along. Heavenly Father is watching out for you.
Miss you guys!

Olsens said...

You guys are awesome! I know things will work out for you. I'm excited to see how you are blessed along the way, because I know you will be!

Trulee said...

We are going through similar things. Matt still hasn't found a job, but our lease is up at the end of August, so we might be moving down there job or not. We look forward to seeing ya'll soon.

Dave and Loralee said...

yes, it will work out. we're proof :) GOOD LUCK and HAVE FUN!!