Monday, February 2, 2015

responsible

We are so responsible that we have a fire extinguisher hanging up in our pantry. 

And then about 2 years ago, right when I decided the kids were old enough to make their own lunches, we became less responsible by hanging the bag of lunch chips on the fire extinguisher. 

Perhaps it's pure luck that it has worked out for us....until today. Despite the fact that I've been up since 5 am (also I'm growing a human), I forced myself to do something today and decided to start with discarding the TWO empty chip bags hanging on the fire extinguisher. I knocked it down. It went off. 

White powder everywhere. 

The canister still feels pretty heavy, so I think it sprayed only a small amount, but it made a huge mess. Also, it continued to leak when placed upright. So...I wadded up a piece of paper towel and stuck it up the hose. 

Not so responsible anymore, are we?

The good news is that as a result my pantry is cleaner, and the entire kitchen has been wiped down, swept, and mopped. 

Also. I have two HUGE goals I'm working towards, but I'm really struggling because I'm stuck! I can't do a lot to meet these goals right now, and so while my mind is completely occupied and obsessed with knowing what needs to happen, I am left feeling blah in the suspense of anxiously waiting for the day I can actually start working towards those two things: moving and preparing for a baby. 

I am really, really hoping/wanting/praying that we can move this month--the earlier the better. I have packed almost everything I can that we don't use regularly. I have organized closets and desks and drawers and taken bags and bags to thrift stores and every Tuesday Trash Day my garbage can is overflowing. I've studied and asked around and planned the best way to move things: closets and kitchen and bathrooms first, then all the big stuff. I need to hire a piano mover and someone to clean the rental once we are out. The only thing I haven't touched is the garage, and I'm heavily hinting to DH that he might want to do that soon....

Then when we move I can find a crib and a car seat and focus on getting ready for baby #5. May is coming up fast. 

So that's where I'm at right now. Anxiety attack! 

No comments: