Logan turned 11 yesterday. Whoa what?! He wanted a ninja party with night games. We invited a bunch of boys to a fenced in park with a lot of play equipment, fed them pizza and cake, and then let them play hide and seek and capture the flag in the dark. Then we threw everything in the trash can, sent the boys back with their parents, and went home. No one got majorly hurt, so I'm calling it a grand success. Happy birthday Logan! We love you and feel extremely blessed to have such a sensitive and caring young man in our family.
........................
Next up: the ward Halloween party.
This year I told the kids that I wasn't buying Halloween costumes. They are expensive and they sit around in a box, unused and unworn, for the rest of my life. Instead, they were supposed to come up with their own costumes, and if they needed something that was reusable to go with their costume I would be more than happy to buy it. There was a little bit of complaining, but in the end I think they all felt some ownership for their ideas/costumes.
This is what they came up with:
Hermione from Harry Potter
(She wore her brother's church shirt, her dad's tie, my graduation robe, and we bought black shoes and tights)
Ninja Logan
(I bought him a dry weave long sleeve shirt that looks very tight to me but he likes it because he can visibly ripple his muscles through it)
(Loves camo; bought him long pants; hat from the Dollar Store)
And thus commences a season of way, way too much sugar.
Happy Holidays and Brush Well!!





No comments:
Post a Comment