Thursday, May 8, 2014

how we spent our rainy day

Ammon has been wanting a big boy bed (instead of the crib turned toddler bed), and today has been a dark, rainy day, so we decided to just do it. For the first time in over 10 years--there is not a crib set up in our home. Crazy! Sad!

He's not really in a bed, though, because when we move (more on that in a minute) we plan on Logan having his own room with a double bed, and Grant and Ammon will get the bunk beds. So for the next 5 months, Ammon will be sleeping on a cot. He doesn't care, in fact, he's thrilled. He's already unmade and made his bed a dozen times, and he rushed through lunch so that he could sleep on it during nap time.

As it turns out, the cot is longer than his crib, which means we needed to do some rearranging. Logan and Grant are going to be surprised, and perhaps sad, when they get home today because:

I took out their cubed shelving and everything that was on it. There are beds and dressers. That's it!

While I was at it, I decided to start packing. So far I've got 6 boxes packed for the new house, and just as many large garbage bags ready to go to the thrift store.

I'm ready to move!!

This is what our house will look like.

We finally got to choose the colors and materials, and it wasn't that hard to decide.... except for the brick. I hope it looks good when it all goes up! The only thing not on here is the paint color, which will be a light tan/gray that I've only seen on the lady's tiny phone screen. The red block represents our red door--yay for a little color pop. And now I'm looking at the picture and wondering if the tile we chose is too dark. 

OK, I'm actually having a hard time imagining it all, but I'm sure it will be wonderful and beautiful and.... OURS! 

1 comment:

Brittney said...

I am so thrilled (and jealous, I admit) about the new house! I love all of your house material choices as well. Can't wait to see all the progress and the finished product.