Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Have You Missed Me? A random rant.

Hello! Our lives have been crazy lately. I'm sure you understand. We've been taking down wallpaper, painting, chipping paint, painting, tearing out tile, putting down new floors, packing, and cleaning. We bought a home that we wouldn't have to fix-up. Mostly we haven't had to do too much. And since we've only been here for about 18 months, we don't even need to do too much painting. But the realtor suggested a few things, including replacing the bathroom floor. OK, so we've known for a long time that we needed to do something about the bathroom floor. We've even called a few bathroom floor people to come fix it, but never followed through. Well, we finally have time to fix our bathroom floor and a few other things for someone else to live in our home. Isn't life ironic?

My parents and some WONDERFUL friends have helped us out.... babysitting, lending a steamer, lending a saw, wall-prepping, and helping us put down the new bathroom floor. So many more have offered to babysit and come over to help pack, organize, clean, etc. *I still might call you!!!

Joe is busy taking care of business... health insurance, loose ends, applications, TX bar-exam study, and (reading) books about starting your own practice and immigration law.

I get easily stressed out, but I'm surviving. I know we have a Heavenly Father who is watching out for us, and I am thankful for the friends and family who have shared their love with us.

We are almost ready to put the house up for sale. We are leaving for TX in a few days to scope out the area and decide if this is really the path we should take. We have often recognized the many options in front of us, but at no time have I so identified with Robert Frost's poem, "The Road Less Traveled"



TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;        5
 
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,        10
 
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.        15
 
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

Grant turns one this month. The kids think it's fun to have dad at home. I'm glad they aren't old enough to understand the stresses on our lives; they think we are in a great adventure. And we are. They are the reason we live, our hopes for the future. And I'll leave you with a picture of Grant catching bubbles. I wish I had it on video so you could see his delight and laughter when "catching" a bubble.

11 comments:

. said...

I am so sorry you are going through this. I just want you to know that John lost his job in november of 2007 and we had to put our house on the market and move too. John moved in January and I was stuck in Tampa (pregnant) until June. It was a tough time, but it brought us closer together in the end. When all is said and done, things have turned out for the better. We still own our florida house (not to scare you, we have renters) but John has a much better job and we are in a much better place. I am actually happy with the way things have turned out now. Good luck! Things will work out.

p.s. We both grew up in dallas so if you want advice on where to live we can help.

JT42 said...

you have been in my thoughts and prayers. that would not be a fun adventure to take...i understand the stressed out easily thing, me too. you will continue to be in my prayers. hope all goes well in TX, keep us posted!

Trulee said...

This is such an exciting time. Matt and I have discovered that we function best under huge amounts of stress. We hope everything goes well for you, and we hope to see you soon in TX.

debbie said...

Hey, Jenn. Just wanted to let you know I'm reading your blog and thinking of you guys! It sounds like you guys have a great adventure ahead of you and I hope you end up where you're supposed to be!

Jenny said...

I wish we lived closer to each other so I could offer my babysitting services. I hope you guys are able to figure out soon the right place for your family. And don't rule out Nevada. Think of the funn, Jenn, that you, me, and Emily could have!

Ammieloris said...

I love that the kids are loving this! Nothing is better than spending time with family. Good luck. BTW, if you need temporary renters, we need a temporary home! ;)

Dave and Loralee said...

I'm excited to hear how texas went! see you when we all get back to cleveland :)
loralee

Just US said...

Good luck with everything. Sounds like one of those joyous faith building experiences! I'm sure all will work out and in 10 years you'll see how and maybe even why.

Olsens said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you guys are going through the same stresses we were experiencing this time last year. But I have to say I'm VERY excited for you to venture out on your own business. It's way stressful at first but SO worth it! You guys will do amazing. I have no doubt!

Us, the Gilson's said...

Kids are amazingly able to adapt to pretty much anything. In our 8 years of marriage, we've moved over 20 times. We look back over it and have many memories - hard times and joy through it all. Yes. And I'd bet the kids are wanting to be in the middle of all the construction. Wanting to help.

Hang in there - you guys are amazing people. Wish we could be there to help out.

Mindy and Ryan said...

Jenny!!! It's me, Mindy, your roommate from Ricks! I can't believe I stumbled onto your blog! How are you? It looks like you have your hands full with 3 kids. I just had my 3rd in January...crazy! Its so good to see you and a little of what you're up to. Write me if you get a chance...mindylynrichards@gmail.com