Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Post 100
Today Logan had his second surgery in just over a month. We will post pictures and details soon, but right now I am home missing him and impatiently waiting for him and Joe to return home. We were scheduled to have the surgery at 1:30 p.m., but the world is against us and he didn't actually go into surgery until almost 6:00 p.m. Let's just say I have been a little grumpy today. But we have much for which to be thankful: a wonderful friend with a small baby of her own came over and watched Madison and Grant (for much longer than planned). I called the hospital a bit ago and learned that Logan was out of surgery and in recovery and VERY hungry (he couldn't eat anything before the surgery). Grant went to bed a little early and I got to spend some alone time with Madison. We ate leftovers, she took a bath, we played Candy Land, drank hot chocolate, and read a book. We probably read 5-6 books a day, and often Madison asks silly questions like, "Where's the dog?" or "What is she doing?" Usually I find her questions silly and annoying (she knows where the dog is!). Tonight I cuddled with her and actually looked at the pictures and talked about what the characters were doing, etc. We both had fun. I often get caught up in getting things done--instead of savoring every minute, even if it takes 5 minutes more. The five minutes are much more rewarding than the saving of that time. Now she's asleep, and the house is quiet, and I am waiting (impatiently) for my son and husband to come home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Aww! Sounds like it was good despite the fact that Logan had surgery! It's nice that you got to spend time with Madi. Love you guys and can't wait to see you all!! Happy Christmas!!!
I'm glad the surgery is over with. Does he have to have any more? Nice that you got to spend some quality time with Madison. I'm like you in that I get so caught up in getting things done. Thanks for the reminder to enjoy the moment.
I hope he gets home soon! :) You are such a good mom.
well, i must have missed something, but I'll wait for more posts for you to explain what is going on with logan, otherwise I'm glad that things are well and that you got to enjoy your moments despite how difficult it can be-I am much the same...miss you, enjoy your christmas!!
Post a Comment